Microsoft describes Azure as:
A comprehensive set of cloud services that developers and IT professionals use to build, deploy and manage applications through our global network of datacentres. Integrated tools, DevOps, and a marketplace support you in efficiency building anything from simple mobile aps to internet-scale solutions.
Some of the benefits of Azure:
- Agility with Azure enables you to move, create and do various tasks and provide services quickly and easily.
- Azure’s global reach with multiple Microsoft managed datacentres across the planet are accessible through local internet connections.
- Development environments can easily be created to test and develop apps faster.
- Azure offers the possibility of a continuous delivery pipeline strategy that enables organisations to deliver new features to users as fast and efficiently as possible.
- Disaster recovery is affordable in Azure without secondary infrastructure expenses. Multiple disaster recovery solutions are available.
- Azure is an affordable and flexible expenditure as there are no upfront costs and no termination fees. Pay only for what you use. Azure also offers an online calculator to get an estimate of the cost of any of their Azure services.
- Microsoft Azure provides security-hardened infrastructure to connect virtual machines to one another and to connect on-premises datacentres with the Azure environment, while blocking unauthorized inbound traffic and internal Microsoft datacentre traffic using a variety of technologies.
- Azure compliance helps organisations comply with national, regional, and industry-specific requirements governing the collection and use of individuals’ data. Microsoft provides the most comprehensive set of compliance offerings (including certifications and attestations) of any cloud service provider out there.